Hi everyone! Today’s recipe is a dessert that everyone has probably eaten as a child, the apple crumble. This is a dessert I really love, so simple to make and super yummy. I also love strawberries so I decided to make an apple and strawberry version. So, it’s made up of a strawberry and apple compote with dried raisins, slightly flavored with some cinnamon, and topped with a delicious and crunchy crumble. This is the perfect recipe for evening’s treats 😋
For 2 large crumbles of 11,5cm in diameter and 2 smalls of 9,5cm:
- 100g of flour
- 28g of sugar (any kind)
- 67g of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 550g of apple
- 250g of strawberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 40g of butter
- 1 tbsp of dried raisin
We’ll begin with the compote:
1. Peel and cut your apples into medium cubes. Place them in a saucepan with the strawberries.
2. Add the butter, honey and cinnamon..
3. Cook for 20-25min until you can easily mash the apples. Don’t forget to stir regularly, otherwise the bottom will burn. Add the dried raisins.
Now for the crumble:
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, the salt and the sugar. Sprinkle with the softened butter cut into pieces. For the butter, you can either take it out of the fridge minimum 1h before beginning, or heat it a few seconds in a hot oven or in the microwave.
2. Mix with your fingertips and form small chunks of dough.
3. Set aside.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Fill your ramekins (or other container) with some compote. I’ve put 130g in the large ones, and 100g in the small ones.
2. Generously cover with the crumble, 50g for the large ones, and 40g for the small ones.
3. Preheat your oven to 180°C (normal mode) and cook the crumbles for 30min. At the end of the cooking time, I’ve switched to grill mode for 3-4min so the top has a nice and golden color.
Here you go! You have delicious apple and strawberry crumbles! Enjoy while it’s still warm!
Don’t forget to write an email to email@example.com to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.