Hi everyone! I personally love Apple Turnovers, so today I’m sharing with you a version that is even more delicious! These Turnovers are filled with some Apple/Banana Compote and some Chocolate ? I will show you how to make the quick puff pastry to gain a lot of time!
For 20-23 turnovers:
- 250g of flour
- 200g of butter
- 125g of water
- 5g of salt
- 550g of apples (=~3,5)
- 350g of bananas (= 4 small)
- 50g of butter
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- + 100g of chocolate
- 20g of water
- 20g of honey (or sugar)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2g of full liquid cream
We’ll start with the puff pastry:
1. In a bowl, add the flour, the salt and the cold butter cut into small pieces. Mix with the flat beater until all the pieces of butter are coated with flour.
2. Then, add the very cold water and mix until the dough comes together. There must still remain big chunks of butter, it’s normal.
3. Take the dough and place it over a floured surface.
4. Roll it out lengthwise.
5. Fold the upper part in the middle (remove the excess of flour with a brush). Now cover the upper part with the lower part (it will make more sense with the pictures).
6. Turn the dough a quarter turn to the left or to the right (once you’ve chosen a direction you must follow it).
7. Repeat these steps 4 more times (in total you’ll have made 5 turns).
8. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate at least 1h.
For the compote:
1. Peel and cut the apples into small cubes. Place in a pan with the cut bananas, the cinnamon, the butter and the vanilla sugar.
2. Cook over medium heat until the apples soften and mash easily. Stir from time to time.
3. Pour in a bowl and let it cool down.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Roll out the dough to a 3mm thickness.
2. Cut circles of 9cm. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough (so it doesn’t damage the lamination). You can take the scraps, align them on top of each other and roll them out again.
3. Give the disks a slight oval shape. Add a teaspoon of compote as well as some chocolate chips.
4. Brush the edges with water and close the dough.
5. Use a fork to press the edges so that both parts of the dough are perfectly welded.
6. Brush the top with the egg yolk/cream mixture. Use the back of a knife to draw a pattern (you shouldn’t cut the dough, a slight pressure is enough).
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F fan-assisted.
8. Cook for 20-25min. They must be golden.
9. Bring to boil the sugar and water. Brush this syrup on top of the turnovers as soon as they come out of the oven.
Your amazing Turnovers are ready! Enjoy while still hot!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂