Hi everyone! Here is a very easy recipe you can realize in a very short time. It’s perfect for a tea time or a nice snack. Made of yoghurt I also added apples and chocolate for a greedier version! You can add anything you want, walnuts, vanilla, citrus zest…
For a 28cm diameter cake:
- 2 plain yoghurt pots (you can use flavoured ones)
- 6 pots of flour
- 3 pots of sugar (or honey, I’ve tried it and it gives the exact same result)
- 1 pot of neutral oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 sachets of baking powder (20g)
- 2 sachets of vanilla sugar
- 4 small apples (or 3 big)
- 120g of crushed dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- 1 tbsp of orange blossom or 2tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, normal mode. Butter and flour your mold.
2. Put the yoghurt in your bowl and rinse the pot to use it for the other measurements.
3. Add the sugar (or the honey), the orange blossom (or vanilla extract), the vanilla sugar, and the eggs, one at a time, by stirring between each addition.
4. Incorporate the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Add the oil.
5. Finally, add the apples cut into small pieces and the chocolate chunks.
6. Cook for approximately 45min, but depending on the size of your mold and on your oven it may vary from 30min to 1h. Prick a knife in the center, the blade should come out dry. If you see that the top of your cake is browning too fast, you can place a piece of aluminium foil on the top. But don’t worry, the taste will not be affected, it’s even more delicous because the outside will be crunchier 🙂
7. Let it cool a bit and unmold it.
Your cake is ready! Enjoy it while it is still warm, it’s AM-A-ZING!
Don’t forget to write an email to email@example.com to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.