Hi everyone! Here’s a delicious Apple, Cinnamon and Caramel Entremet! This combo is one of my absolute favorite ? Those flavors are delicious and so comforting! This Entremet is made up of a Streusel, a Cinnamon/Apple Madeleine Cake, some Caramel Mousse, a Cinnamon/Apple Insert and finally a Caramel Glaze ? The Entremet is also decorated with dried apples.
D-2: Make the Insert + the Caramel
D-1: Make the Mousse + the Streusel + the Madeleine Cake + Assemble
D-Day: Make the Glaze + the Dried Apple + Glaze the Entremet
For a 20cm in diameter Entremet:
- 40g of butter
- 40g of sugar
- 50g of almonds
- 40g of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 25g of butter
- 50g of eggs (= 1)
- 50g of sugar
- 13g of milk
- 37g of neutral oil
- 60g of flour
- 2g of baking powder
- 80g of apples
- 1,5 tsp of cinnamon
- 115g of sugar
- 80g of liquid cream
- 30g of butter
- 9,6g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 100g of egg yolks (= 5)
- 300g of milk
- 300g of full liquid cream
- The homemade Caramel
- 400g of apples (= 4 small)
- 24g of butter
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1,5 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 144g of sugar
- 125g of water
- 150g of full liquid cream
- 90g of white chocolate
- 35g of dulcey chocolate*
- 10g of gelatin
*You can make your own by following the steps described in my Apple and Caramel Yule Log recipe.
- 2 apples
We’ll start with the Apple Insert:
1. Peel and cut the apples into cubes.
2. Place in a saucepan with the butter, the cinnamon, the lemon juice and the honey.
3. Let it cook over medium heat until half of the apples turn into compote. You can cover with a lid. There must still be pieces of apple left.
4. Let it cool down.
5. Wrap the bottom of a 18cm mold with cling film. Spread the compote inside the mold. Freeze until it hardens.
For the Streusel:
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C fan-assisted.
2. Cream the softened butter with the sugar.
3. Add the flour, almond powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix until it’s homogenous.
4. Spread the dough inside a 18cm mold. You must use all of it.
5. Cook for 12-15min. The Streusel must be golden.
For the Madeleine Biscuit:
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C fan-assisted.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Whisk the eggs with the sugar and cinnamon until it whitens.
4. Add the oil and the milk. Mix.
5. Add the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Gently combine with a spatula.
6. Finish off by adding the melted butter.
7. Pour inside a 18cm mold.
8. Peel and cut the apples into small cubes. Sprinkle over the cake.
9. Cook for 15-20min. When you prick the middle of the cake with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
10. Let it cool down before unmolding.
For the Caramel:
1. In a saucepan, place some of the sugar. Cook over low/medium heat.
2. When it starts to caramelize add more sugar.
3. Continue until you’ve added all the sugar and until it all caramelizes. You can stir at the spots that have already caramelized with a wooden spatula.
4. Add the cream, previously heated, little by little. Let it boil a few seconds.
5. Off the heat, add the butter.
6. Pour inside a jar until use.
For the Mousse:
1. Hydrate the gelatin with 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it bloom for 10min.
2. Heat the milk with the caramel.
3. Pour the hot milk little by little over the egg yolks.
4. Bring everything back to the pan and cook over medium heat until it reaches 84°C. Stir constantly with a spatula.
5. Off the heat, add the hydrated gelatin.
6. Let it cool down to 25°C.
7. Whip the cream at medium speed until it forms soft peaks (it mustn’t be too firm).
8. Add the caramel mixture to the whipped cream in several times. Gently combine with a spatula.
It’s time to assemble!
2. At the bottom of the mold, place the streusel disk. Add a little bit of mousse.
3. Adjust the Madeleine Cake height to 1cm.
4. Pour half of the mousse inside the mold.
6. Unmold the apple Insert and place it over the mousse.
6. Cover with the remaining mousse.
7. Freeze overnight.
For the decoration:
1. Preheat the oven to 70°C.
2. Cut the apples into very thin slices.
3. Place them over a silicone mat and cook for 1h30-2h. They must be dry.
For the Glaze:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Melt both chocolates in a bain-marie.
3. Heat the water and sugar until they reach 103°C (between 102 and 103°C it takes some time).
4. Add the cream and let it boil to 103°C a second time.
5. Pour over the melted chocolate in 3 times. Mix vigorously.
6. Add the hydrated gelatin.
7. Let the glaze cool down to 25°C.
8. Unmold the Entremet and smooth the edges. Place it over a support with aluminum paper underneath (in order to catch the excess).
9. Pour the Glaze by starting with the edges and finishing in the middle.
10. Decorate with the dried apples.
Your Entremet is ready! Let it thaw in the fridge for 2-3h or at room-temperature for 1h30.
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂