Hi everyone! Today I’ll show you how to make these delicious apple doughnuts. The recipe comes from Christophe Felder, a famous French pastry Chef and is super easy to make. The dough is very light and the apples very soft. You can also make this recipe with a different fruit, like bananas, strawberries,…
For ~30 doughnuts:
- 100g of flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 100mL of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20g of sugar
- 1 tbsp of orange blossom water (optional)
- 6 apples
- a bit of oil (colza, sunflower,…)
- 200g of sugar
- a bit of cinnamon (opitonal)
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, the salt, the egg yolks and the whole egg.
2. Add the milk little by little and mix.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and add the sugar at the end when they are almost done. They must be firm and have the shape of the nozzle of a bird.
4. Incorporate the egg whites to the previous mix and add the orange blossom water (optional).
5. Heat the oil to 180°C, you can use a thermometer to check the temperature.
6. Peal the apples and remove the seeds. Cut them into 1cm rings. Dip the apples in the dough using a knife.
7. When the oil reachs the right temperature place 2 to 3 rings in the oil and cook each side for ~5min (this will depend on the oil temperature but the dough must be golden).
8. Remove the doughnuts and place them on a paper towel. Repeat the operation for the rest of the rings. Try to keep the oil at 180° or around this temperature.
9. Finally, coat the doughnuts with the sugar and cinnamon (optional).
Your doughnuts are ready!
Don’t forget to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.