Hi everyone! We all know Banana Cakes right? But today’s version is even better! ? This Peanut Banana Cake is topped with some Dulcey Whipped Ganache and Salted Caramel ? I’ll show you how to make your own Dulcey Chocolate too!
For a 22cm in diameter Cake:
- 180g of flour
- 3/4 tsp of baking powder (= 4g)
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda (= 5g)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60g of peanuts (you can also use walnuts)
- 60g of butter
- 30g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 250g of bananas (3 large or 4 small)
- 120g of buttermilk (or 120g of milk + 1 tbsp of lemon juice)
- + 1 or 2 bananas for the topping
Dulcey Chocolate (if homemade):
- 200g of white chocolate
- 1,5 tbsp of neutral oil
- 340g of full liquid cream
- 140g of dulcey chocolate
- 4,7g of powdered gelatin
- 25g of semi-salted butter (or plain butter + salt)
- 50g of full liquid cream
- 45g of sugar
We’ll start with the Dulcey Chocolate:
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C/284°F.
2. Break the white chocolate into small pieces and add the oil.
3. Cook by intervals of 10min. After 10min, take it out and stir with a spatula. Pursue the cooking until it has a nice caramelized color. For me I needed 3x10min. Depending on your oven it may take more or less time.
4. Spread over a guitare sheet (or plastic sheet or silicone mat).
For the Ganache (must be made a day ahead):
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it sit for 10min.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (or in the microwave).
3. Bring to boil half of the cream.
4. Pour the cream in 3 times over the melted chocolate. Mix vigorously.
5. Add the hydrated gelatin and the other half of cold cream.
6. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
For the Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F fan-assisted.
2. If you don’t have buttermilk, add the lemon juice to the plain milk and let it rest for 10min.
3. Whisk the softened butter with the sugar until it whitens.
4. Add the egg and whisk.
5. Add the buttermilk and the smashed bananas.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
7. Gently incorporate the dry ingredients to the mixture. Also add the peanuts.
8. Pour the mixture into your mold. Decorate with slices of banana.
9. Cook for 25-30min. The cooking time may vary from one oven to another. After 25min, check regularly. When you prick the middle of the cake with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
10. Let it cool down before unmolding.
For the Caramel:
1. In a saucepan, place the butter with the sugar, the salt and a dash of water. Let it cook, while stirring, until it has a nice golden color.
2. Add the cream little by little and mix. Let it boil a few seconds to remove the lumps.
3. Pour into a jar and let it cool down. If you used plain butter, add salt to taste.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Whip the Ganache at medium speed until it thickens and forms firm peaks. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a St-Honore pastry tip. Refrigerate for 1h.
2. Pipe the Ganache all over the Cake to form waves.
3. Place the Caramel in a pastry bag and cut the end to create a small hole. Pipe some caramel over the Ganache.
4. Decorate with some lemon zests.
Your delicious Banana Cake is ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂