Hi everyone! The recipe of today is super simple but very greedy and delicious! It’s banana and peanut Cupcakes. They are made up of a banana muffin, filled in the inside with some banana compote and topped with a whipped peanut ganache and some salted peanuts 🍌🥜 Everyone has probably tried this combination of flavors and knows how delicious it is 🤤 If you are also a big fan of this combo, you must try this recipe!
For 12 Cupcakes:
- 170g of flour
- 80g of sugar
- 1/2 sachet of baking powder (7g)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 large egg (60g)
- 100g of neutral oil
- 250g of bananas (= 4 small or 3 medium ones)
- 220g of bananas (~3 small ones)
- A small amount of butter
- 2 tbsp of sugar
Whipped peanut ganache:
- 300g of full liquid cream (200g + 100g)
- 90g of white chocolate
- 100g of peanut butter
- 4,5g of powdered gelatin
- A handful of peanuts (salted or normal)
Let’s get started!
We’ll begin with the peanut ganache which needs to be done the day before:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it sit for 10min.
2. Bring to boil the large amount of cream (200g). Pour the boiling cream in 3 times over the melted white chocolate and stir vigorously.
3. Add the hydrated gelatin as well as the peanut butter and the rest of the cold cream (100g). You can mix with a hand blender if needed.
4. Cover with cling film (it must touch the surface) and refrigerate overnight.
For the muffin:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-assisted.
2. In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Add the egg and the oil and whisk vigorously.
4. Add the sugar and mix.
5. Fold in the sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Gently incorporate it using a spatula.
6. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
7. Cook for 15-20min. When you prick the middle of the muffin with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
8. Wait until they cool down before unmolding.
For the banana compote:
1. Peel and cut the bananas into thin slices.
2. Melt the small amount of butter in a saucepan. Add the banana slices and sprinkle with the sugar.
3. Cook over medium heat until it caramelizes.
4. Then, mash the bananas. You’ll obtain a pretty dense compote.
5. Place it in a bowl and let it cool down.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Take the ganache out of the fridge. Whip it by increasing the speed gradually. It should have the same consistency as for a Chantilly cream, so firm enough to stick to the whisks. Place it in a pastry bag fitted with an open star tip. Refrigerate ~20min.
2. With a knife, dig the middle of the muffin to create a hole.
3. Place the compote in a pastry bag (with no tip) and pipe a generous amount inside each muffin.
4. Pipe the ganache over the muffin. Sprinkle with some salted peanuts.
Your delicious banana and peanut Cupcakes are ready to be eaten!
Don’t forget to write an email to email@example.com to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.