Hi everyone! Here’s the recipe of a very tasty Chocolate, Caramel and Peanut Pie! It’s made up of a Cocoa Sweet Crust, a layer of Caramel with crushed salted Peanuts, a very smooth Dark Chocolate Ganache and finally some Soft Peanut Caramel 😍 This is one of the most delicious pie I’ve ever made🤤 If you like the Peanut/Chocolate association you’ll love this recipe!
For a 22cm in diameter Pie:
- 170g of flour
- 50g of sugar (icing or granulated)
- 85g of butter
- 32g of almond powder (optional)
- 40g of eggs (= a small egg)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 16g of unsweetened cocoa powder
- A bit of water
- 27g of butter
- 45g of sugar
- 43g of salted peanuts
- 50g of full liquid cream
- 150g of full liquid cream
- 16g of honey
- 150g of dark chocolate
- 50g of peanuts
- 33g of sugar
- 8g of water
Soft Peanut Caramel:
- 40g of sugar
- 40g of honey (or glucose)
- 100mL of full liquid cream
- 2 pinches of salt
- 30g of butter
- 1,4g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 30g of peanut praline
We’ll start with the pie crust:
1. Cream the softened butter with the sugar. So you need to take the butter out of the fridge at least 1h before starting.
2. Add the eggs (at room-temperature) and the almond powder (optional).
3. Finish off by adding the sifted flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix until it’s homogenous, not more.
4. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
For the praline:
1. Heat the water and sugar until it reaches 116°C. Add the roasted peanuts.
2. Cook over medium heat, while stirring, until all the peanuts caramelize.
3. Let them cool down over a baking tray.
4. Once cold, mix until you get a smooth and liquid paste.
5. Keep in a jar until use.
For the Soft Caramel:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it bloom for 10min.
2. In a saucepan, place the sugar and the honey. Cook until it has a golden color.
3. In the meantime, bring to boil the cream.
4. Pour the cream over the caramel little by little. Stir.
5. Let it boil again.
6. Off the heat, add the praline and the gelatin.
7. Place the caramel in another container and let it cool down to 45°C. Then, add the butter and mix with a hand blender to emulsify.
8. Taste the Caramel and add the salt depending on your preferences. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
To cook the crust:
1. Take the crust out of the fridge and roll it out to a 3mm thickness between two parchment papers. If the dough is too cold, leave it at room-temperature for a while.
2. Put the crust over the pie ring. Gently bring the edges inside.
3. With your forefinger, press the edges to the walls and make sure that you have a perfectly right angle.
4. Cut the surplus and prick the bottom with a fork.
5. Refrigerate 20min.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F fan-assisted.
7. Cook the pie for 10-15min. The bottom and the edges must be golden.
8. Unmold while still hot. If it’s difficult, wait until it cools down a bit.
For the caramel:
1. In a saucepan, place the butter, the sugar and a little bit of water.
2. Let it cook over medium heat until it has a golden color.
3. Add the cream little by little.
4. Let it boil a few seconds to remove the lumps.
5. Off the heat, add the crushed roasted and salted peanuts.
6. Pour the caramel in the pie.
For the Ganache:
1. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (or microwave).
2. Bring to boil the cream with the honey.
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate in 3 times. Mix vigorously.
4. Pour the Ganache over the caramel.
5. Let it harden at room-temperature for ~1h and then refrigerate for 1 more hour.
It’s time to finish the pie!
1. Place the Caramel in a pastry bag fitted with a 7-8mm plain tip.
2. Pipe the caramel evenly over the tart (like on the picture).
3. Sprinkle with some kosher salt or sea salt.
Your Chocolate, Caramel and Peanut Pie is ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂