Hi everyone! As you saw with the title, today we’ll realise an upgraded version of the Carrot Cake! 🥕 This Carrot Cake is super moist and is topped with some Cinnamon Ganache!
For a 22cm Cake:
- 187g of flour
- 1,5 tsp of baking powder
- 0,75 tsp of salt
- 0,75 tsp of cinnamon
- 0,75 tsp of ginger
- 0,5 tsp of clove
- 190g of sugar
- 187g of neutral oil
- 3 eggs
- 217g of carrots (= 3 middle-sized)
- 75g of walnuts
- 360g of full liquid cream
- 150g of white chocolate
- 5g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- One carrot
- Some walnuts
We’ll start with the Ganache:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it sit for 10min.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Bring to boil half of the cream with the cinnamon.
4. Pour in 3 times over the chocolate. Mix vigorously.
5. Then add the hydrated gelatin and the other half of cold cream.
6. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
For the Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F fan-assisted.
2. Mix the carrots (but not too thinly).
3. Add the eggs and the oil. Mix for a few seconds.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, the sugar, the baking powder, the salt, the cinnamon, the clove and the ginger.
5. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Stir.
6. Finally, add the chopped walnuts.
7. Grease and flour your 22cm mold.
8. Pour the batter inside the mold and cook for 20-25min. When you prick the middle with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
9. Let it cool down before unmolding.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Whip the ganache at medium speed until it forms firm peaks.
2. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a St-Honore tip.
3. Pipe the Ganache over the Cake in a wave pattern.
4. Make some thin slices of carrot using a peeler. Roll these slices and place them randomly over the ganache.
Your Carrot Cake is ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂