Hi everyone! Today I’m very excited to share with you this recipe because it’s one of my favorite, the famous Carrot Cake. This Cake is absolutely incredible, it’s super moist with a crunchy outside and delicious flavors of cinnamon and ginger. I found the recipe on the blog of Chef Alina and it’s so easy and quick to make! I’ve decided not to glaze mine because I find that it’s already so good without, but if you prefer you can make an icing. I’ve also reduced a little bit the amount of sugar, walnuts and oil.
For a cake of 25,5X13X7cm and 4 little muffins:
- 250g of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 300g of sugar (instead of 420g)
- 250g of oil (any neutral oil)
- 4 eggs
- 290g of carrots (= 3 medium-sized carrots)
- 100g of walnuts
Let’s get started!
1. Combine all the dry ingredients together: the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
2. In a food-processor (or blender), mix the carrots until there are no big chunks left.
3. Add the eggs and the oil and mix.
4. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and combine. Add the chopped walnuts.
5. Fill your greased mold 3/4 full with the mixture. If you have some left you can make little muffins. Cook in a 180°C (fan-assisted) preheated oven for 1h. For the muffins it only needs 20min. When you prick the middle of the cake with a knife, it should come out clean.
6. Wait until the cake has cooled down before unmolding it.
At this moment you can cover it with some icing, otherwise decorate it with icing sugar and some carrot slices!
Don’t forget to write an email to email@example.com to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.