Hi everyone! Here’s a more original version of the well-known and appreciated cookies! It’s a Chocolate and Peanut Cookie Sandwich 😍 These cookies are filled with a Chocolate Ganache, some Peanut Praline and Crushed Peanuts 🥜 This recipe is very easy to make and so tasty!
For 13 cookies:
- 100g of butter
- 58g of sugar
- 2,3g of salt
- 77g of eggs (= 1,5 eggs)
- 313g of flour
- 4g of baking powder
- 2,5g of baking soda
- 50g of chocolate chips
- 150g of peanuts
- 100g of sugar
- 24g of water
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 100g of full liquid cream
- 20g of butter
- 120g of crushed peanuts
We’ll start with the praline:
1. Roast the peanuts at 150°C/302°F for 10-15min. Let them cool down.
2. Heat the water and sugar until it reaches 116°C. Add the peanuts.
3. Cook over medium heat while stirring. First, a layer of white sugar will coat the peanuts, keep cooking until all that sugar caramelizes.
4. Spread over a silicone mat and let it cool down.
5. Mix the caramelized peanuts with the salt until you get a smooth and liquid paste. According to your mixer it may take more or less time.
6. Keep in a jar until use.
For the Cookie dough:
1. Cream the softened butter with the sugar.
2. Add the eggs and mix.
3. Add the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Finish off by adding the chocolate chips. Mix to have a ball.
5. Spread between two parchment papers to a 0,5cm thickness. Refrigerate 1h.
6. Cut squares of 8x8cm.
7. Preheat the oven to 165°C/329°F fan-assisted. Cook the cookies for 10-12min. The edges must be golden and the center still pale. Keep the mold around the cookies so they don’t spread out (if you don’t have these molds you can try without).
8. Let it cool down completely and then cut them in half to create 2 triangles.
For the Ganache:
1. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (or microwave).
2. Bring the cream to boil.
3. Pour the cream in 3 times over the melted chocolate and mix vigorously.
4. Add the butter.
5. Let it cool down until it thickens and has a spreadable consistency. You can refrigerate it. You must stir it from time to time.
6. Place the ganache in a pastry bag fitted with a small tip. Refrigerate until use.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Pipe the ganache over the triangle.
2. Add praline in the middle.
3. Cover with the other triangle. Dip the edges of the triangle inside the crushed peanuts (you can refrigerate the cookies a few minutes if the ganache is too soft).
4. Decorate the top of the cookie with some praline.
Your Cookie Sandwiches are ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂