Hi everyone! If you like Snickers you’ll love this recipe! This Pie is made up of a Cocoa Sweet Crust, a layer of Peanut Praline, a Chocolate Ganache and Caramelized Peanuts! Only 3 preparations for a decadent dessert!
For a 20x20cm pie:
- 100g of flour
- 10g of cocoa
- 12g of almond powder
- 50g of butter
- 50g of icing sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20g of eggs
- 240g of dark chocolate
- 150g of full liquid cream
- 50g of butter
Praline + Caramelized Peanuts:
- 300g of peanuts
- 200g of sugar
- 50g of water
We’ll start with the crust:
1. Cream the softened butter with the sugar.
2. Add the eggs and the almond powder.
3. Add the salt, the flour and the cocoa powder. Mix until homogenous.
4. Spread 2/3 between two parchment paper to a 2-3mm thickness. Cut a 20x20cm square.
6. Roll out the remaining 1/3 to 2-3mm thickness. Cut 4 strips of the same height and length of the edges of your mold. Freeze until they harden.
7. Place each strip inside the mold and make sure they are perfectly welded to the bottom.
8. Prick the bottom and refrigerate 20min.
9. Preheat the oven to 175°C fan-assisted.
10. Cook for 12-15min. The crust should be golden. Watch carefully as the change in color is less noticeable in colored dough.
11. Unmold when it has slightly cooled down.
For the Peanuts:
1. Heat the water and sugar to 116°C.
2. Add the peanuts.
3. Cook over medium heat while constantly stirring. First a layer of white sugar will coat the peanuts. Keep cooking until this sugar caramelizes.
4. Let it cool down over a silicone mat.
5. Take 200g of peanuts and mix them with the salt until you obtain a smooth and liquid paste.
6. Store the remaining peanuts in an air-tight container.
For the Ganache:
1. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
2. Boil the cream.
3. Pour in 3 times over the chocolate and mix vigorously. You can mix a few seconds with a hand blender for a better emulsion.
4. Add the butter.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Spread the praline over the pie.
2. Pour the Ganache.
3. Let it crystallize at room-temperature for 12h.
4. Then, add the caramelized peanuts on the top.
The recipe is already over! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂