Hi everyone! Today’s recipe is super easy and quick to make! It’s the recipe of the famous scones eaten for snacks or breakfast. I’ve chosen a recipe from a French pastry Chef named Christophe Felder and I made them with chocolate and rasins. You can of course choose different ingredients like walnuts, cranberries, almonds,…
For 20 scones:
- 200g of flour
- 13g of baking powder
- 50g of honey (or sugar)
- 27g of butter
- 25g of eggs ( = a half)
- 75mL of whole milk
- 30g of dark chocolate
- 60g of raisins
The egg wash:
- one egg yolk
- 1 tbsp of water
1. Place the flour, the baking powder, the honey and the softened butter in a bowl and mix with your hands or a spatula until it has a crumbly texture.
2. Add the egg and the milk and mix well. Incorporate the dark chocolate cut into small pieces and the raisins.
3. Place the dough between two parchment papers and roll it out to a 1-1,5cm thickness rectangle. Freeze for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 min, cut the dough into squares of 4-5cm. You should obtain ~20 squares.
5. Brush the top of the scones with the egg yolk and water mixture and cook in a 210°C preheated oven (normal mode) for 10 to 15 minutes depending on your oven. The top of the scones should have a nice golden color.
Your scones are ready! Serve them a bit warm with a cup of tea or coffee!
Don’t forget to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.