Hi everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe of Puffs! So today I’ll share with you the recipe of these delicious Cinnamon and Speculoos Puffs 😍 They are filled with Cinnamon Whipped Ganache with a Speculoos Insert in the middle and a disk of Cinnamon Biscuit!
For 7 big puffs:
- 75g of water
- 3g of sugar
- 36g of butter
- 48g of flour
- 75g of eggs
- 1,2g of salt
- 30g of flour
- 30g of sugar
- 24g of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 25g of butter
- 50g of eggs
- 50g of sugar
- 14g of milk
- 37g of neutral oil
- 63g of flour
- 2g of baking powder
- 1g of cinnamon
- 125g of full liquid cream
- 30g of egg yolks
- 40g of mascarpone cream
- 100g of speculoos paste
- 1,6g of gelatin
- 400g of full liquid cream
- 168g of white chocolate
- 6,4g of gelatin
- 2,5 tsp of cinnamon
We’ll start with the speculoos Insert:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Heat the cream with the speculoos paste until the paste melts.
3. Pour little by little over the egg yolks.
4. Cook everything over medium heat, while stirring, until it reaches 84°C.
5. Off the heat, add the hydrated gelatin and the mascarpone cream.
6. Pour inside 5cm half-sphere mold. Freeze overnight.
For the Cinnamon Ganache:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Bring to boil 1/3 of the cream with the cinnamon.
3. Pour over the cut chocolate and add the gelatin. Mix with a hand blender.
4. Add the rest of the cold cream.
5. Wrap with cling film (it should touch the surface) and refrigerate overnight.
For the Cinnamon Biscuit:
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C fan-assisted.
2. Whisk the eggs with the sugar and the cinnamon until they whiten and double in size.
3. Add the oil and milk and whisk for a few seconds.
4. Add the sifted flour, the baking powder and the salt.
5. Melt the butter to 50°C and add to the preparation.
6. Pour inside a 20cm mold and cook for 15-20min. It should be golden.
7. Let it cool down before cutting disks of 4cm in diameter and 1,5-2cm in height.
For the Craquelin:
1. Cream the softened butter with the sugar. Add the flour and the salt.
2. Spread between 2 parchment papers to a 3mm thickness. Cut circles of 5cm.
3. Freeze until use.
For the Choux paste:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-assisted.
2. In a saucepan, put the butter cut into pieces, the sugar, the water and the salt.
3. Heat until the butter melts. Then bring to boil.
4. Add the flour at once and off the heat. Mix until homogenic.
5. Cook over low heat for 2-3min to dry out the paste.
6. Place in a bowl and let it cool down a bit.
7. Add the eggs little by little and mix energetically between each addition. The paste must be shiny and should flow slowly.
8. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a 16mm plain tip.
9. Pipe circles of 5cm. Leave enough space between them.
10. Add a disk of craquelin.
11. Cook for 25-30min. The puff must grow and have a uniform golden color. Don’t open the door during the 15-20 first minutes.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Whip the Ganache at medium speed until firm peaks.
2. Place in a pastry bag fitted with an open-star tip.
3. Cut the top of the puff. Fill the bottom with cream.
4. Add a disk of cinnamon biscuit. Cover with cream.
5. Unmold the speculoos insert and place one half over the cream.
6. Pipe the Cinnamon Ganache all around the insert.
7. Sprinkle the hat with icing sugar and close the puff.
Your tasty Puffs are ready! Let the insert thaw in the fridge for 2-3h before tasting!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂