Hi everyone! This week I’ll share the recipe of this delicious Coconut and Chocolate Marble Cake topped with Coconut Ganache and a beautiful Chocolate decor.
For a 25,5×13,5x7cm Cake (capacity of 1,5L in water):
- 120g of eggs (= 2 large)
- 100g of sugar
- 75g of coconut cream
- 110g of flour
- 1g of salt
- 3g of baking powder
- 48g of butter
- 70g of shredded coconut
- 60g of eggs
- 50g of sugar
- 37g of coconut cream
- 55g of flour
- 1,5g of baking powder
- 24g of butter
- 7g of cocoa powder
- 250g of full liquid cream
- 75g of white chocolate
- 3g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 25g of shredded coconut
- 250g of dark chocolate
- 40g of neutral oil
- 60g of white chocolate
- Shredded Coconut
We’ll start with the Ganache:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water.
2. Chop the chocolate finely.
3. Heat 1/3 of cream.
4. Pour over the chocolate and process with a hand blender (slight tilt the head of the blender so you don’t incorporate too much air).
5. Add the remaining cold cream.
6. Also add the coconut. Wrap with cling film (it must touch the surface) and refrigerate overnight.
For the Coconut Cake:
1. Whisk the eggs with the sugar until they whiten and double in size.
2. Add the coconut cream and whisk for a few seconds.
3. Add the sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Mix with a spatula.
4. Finally add the melted butter (the temperature should be 50°C).
For the Chocolate Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Follow the same steps as for the Coconut Cake.
3. Fill up your mold (greased and floured) by alternating both batters.
4. Cook the cake for 35-40min. When you prick the middle of the cake with a knife, it should come out clean.
For the Glaze:
1. Melt the chocolate to 50°C.
2. Add the oil.
3. Cut the top of the cake to flatten the surface. Pour the glaze over the cake.
4. Let it crystallize at room-temperature.
For the decor:
1. Draw a beautiful pattern on a guitar sheet of the same dimension of the mold.
2. Melt the chocolate to 40°C. Cool it down to ~35°C.
3. Place in a pastry bag and cut the end. Pipe the chocolate over the pattern.
4. Sprinkle with coconut before it crystallizes.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Whip the Ganache at medium speed until it forms the bird’s peak.
2. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a 16mm plain tip.
3. Pipe dots of cream over the cake. Add the chocolate decor.
Your delicious Cake is ready!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂