Hi everyone!! The recipe of today is so tasty and perfect for chocolate and coffee lovers 😍 These are Cookie cups filled with Chocolate Mousse and topped with Coffee Chantilly ☕ The combination of chocolate and coffee is amazing and the cookie dough gives a nice crunchy touch!
For 7 cups:
- 65g of butter
- 50g of eggs
- 203g of flour
- 4,4g of baking powder
- 32g of dark chocolate
- 37g of sugar
- 1,5g of salt
- 50g of milk
- 50g of full liquid cream (1)
- 20g of egg yolks
- 10g of sugar
- 2 tsp of instant coffee
- 195g of full liquid cream (2)
- 130g of dark chocolate
- 210g of full liquid cream
- 3 tsp of instant coffee
- 21g of icing sugar
We’ll start with the cookie dough:
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C/346°F fan-assisted.
2. Cream the softened butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and mix.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Also add the chocolate cut into small pieces. Mix until it’s well combined.
4. Roll out the dough between two parchment papers to a 3mm thickness. Cut circles of 10cm. Freeze until they harden completely (~10min).
5. Place the disks over the back of an 8cm half-sphere.
6. Cook for ~10min. The cookie must be golden.
7. Let it cool down before unmolding.
For the Mousse:
1. Briefly whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
2. Bring to boil the milk with the cream (1).
3. Pour in 3 times over the eggs.
4. Bring everything back to the pan and cook over medium heat, while stirring, until it reaches 84°C.
5. Pour the cream in 3 times over the previously melted chocolate. Mix vigorously.
6. Whip the liquid cream (2) at medium speed until it forms very soft peaks.
7. Add 90g of whipped cream to the chocolate cream and mix with a hand blender. Try not to incorporate too much air.
8. Let it cool down to 40°C. Then, gently add the rest of the whipped cream.
9. Pour the mousse inside the cookie cups and refrigerate overnight.
The next day:
The coffee Chantilly:
1. Add the instant coffee to the cream and whip it at medium speed until it forms firm peaks.
2. Place the chantilly inside a pastry bag fitted with a St-Honore tip.
3. Pipe a wave of Chantilly over the cups.
Your delicious Cookie cups are ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂