Hi everyone! Here’s the recipe of a delicious Coconut and Coffee Cake ?☕ This Coconut Cake is soaked with Coffee Syrup and covered with Coconut Ganache and Caramelized Shredded Coconut ? This recipe is soo easy to make and this combination of flavors is amazing!
For a 25×13,5x7cm Cake:
- 175g of eggs (= 3 large)
- 150g of sugar
- 108g of coconut cream
- 160g of flour
- 1g of salt
- 4,3g of baking powder
- 70g of butter
- 100g of shredded coconut
- 35g of sugar
- 175g of water
- 7g of instant coffee
- 150g of white chocolate
- 150g of coconut cream
- 125g of sugar
- 60g of shredded coconut
- 24g of water
We’ll start with the caramelized Coconut:
1. Heat the water and sugar until it reaches 116°C.
2. Add the shredded coconut and mix.
3. Cook over low/medium heat, while stirring, until all the coconut caramelizes.
4. Let it cool down on a tray and then store in an air-tight container.
For the Cake batter:
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F fan-assisted.
2. Whisk the eggs with the sugar until the mixture whitens and thickens.
3. Add the cold coconut cream and whisk.
4. With a spatula, gently fold in the sifted flour, salt and baking powder.
5. Finish off by adding the shredded coconut and the previously melted butter.
6. Pour the batter into your mold and cook for ~45min. After 30min you can start checking the cake. When you prick the middle of the cake with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
For the Coffee Syrup:
1. Bring to boil the water, sugar and coffee. Let it boil for a few seconds.
2. Pour the hot syrup over the cake.
3. Make sure that the edges are perfectly soaked.
4. Let the cake cool down completely.
For the Coconut Ganache:
1. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (or microwave).
2. Bring to boil the coconut cream. Pour it in 3 times over the chocolate and mix vigorously.
3. Let the ganache thicken in the fridge. Make sure to stir it from time to time.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Unmold the cold cake and place it on a tray.
2. Once the texture of the ganache looks like chocolate spread, cover the entire cake.
3. Then, cover with the caramelized shredded coconut.
Your Coffee and Coconut Cake is ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂