Hi everyone! Today’s recipe is very easy to make and so delicious! It’s a Coffee and Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake ? So to all coffee lovers, this recipe is for you! This Cake is made up of a Swiss Roll Cake filled with Coffee Chantilly Cream and Fresh Strawberries ☕ Both flavors combine so nicely! The sweetness of the strawberry pairs amazingly with the bitterness of the coffee ?
For a 28cm long Cake:
Cigarette Paste (for the outside patterns):
- 30g of butter
- 30g of icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 35g of flour
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of instant coffee
- 300g of eggs (= 5 large)
- 70g + 50g of granulated sugar
- 50g of neutral oil
- 50g of milk
- 90g of flour
- 2g of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of instant coffee
- 325g of full liquid cream
- 2,5 tbsp of instant coffee
- 32g of icing sugar
- 300g of strawberries
We’ll start with the cigarette paste:
1. Mix the melted butter with the icing sugar.
2. Add the egg white, the flour, the cocoa powder and the instant coffee.
3. Place in a pastry bag and cut the end to create a small hole.
4. Draw random patterns over a baking paper of the size of your baking tray (mine is ~37x32cm).
5. Freeze until it hardens.
For the Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C/347°F fan-assisted.
2. Separate the eggs.
3. Whisk the egg whites by adding the 70g of sugar little by little. The egg whites must form medium peaks.
4. Whisk the egg yolks with the 50g of sugar until they whiten.
5. Add the egg yolks to the egg whites and gently combine.
6. Fold in the sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
7. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil with the milk and the instant coffee. Add to it 30g of the cake batter.
8. Finish off by combining this mixture to the cake batter.
9. Take the baking paper out of the freezer and pour the cake mixture over the pattern.
10. Cook for 15-20min. The cake must be golden.
11. Let it cool down before unmolding. Roll the cake in its paper (or in a towel) so it’s easier to roll it after.
For the Chantilly:
1. Whip the cold cream with the instant coffee at medium speed.
2. Once the cream is almost whipped, add the icing sugar. The cream must form firm peaks.
3. Refrigerate until use.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Cut the strawberries into small cubes.
2. Spread ~250g of cream over the cake. Place the rest of the cream in a pastry bag fitted with a St-Honore tip.
3. Cover with strawberries.
4. Roll the cake tightly.
5. Once rolled, take a cutting board and use it to push the cake while pulling toward you the paper. This allows to tighten the cake even better.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2h (if you leave it overnight it will have an even better taste and texture).
7. Pipe the cream over the cake. Decorate with strawberry slices.
Your delicious Swiss Roll Cake is ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂