Hi everyone! Today I’ll show you the recipe of these delicious chocolate milk bread. The inside is super soft and light, and the outside is a bit crunchy. The recipe is from Christophe Felder a famous French pastry Chef. I’ve decided to add to my milk breads some chocolate chips, but, you can add any other ingredients of your choice, like walnuts, dried raisins, dates, and more… It’s a very easy recipe to make perfect for breakfast or snacks!
For ~15 milk breads:
- 250g of flour
- 115g of whole milk
- 30g of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 10g of fresh yeast
- 1 egg (50g)
- 115g of butter
- 90g of dark chocolate
Let’s get started!
1. In a bowl, dissolve the fresh yeast in the milk. You can also use frozen yeast, you just need to heat the milk a bit (not more than 40°C) and pour it over the yeast.
2. Add the flour, the sugar, the salt and the egg.
3. Mix with a spatula or with the dough hook of a stand mixer until everything is well combined.
4. Add the room temperature butter, not softened (you can take it out of the fridge 20min before). Knead at medium speed until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the dark chocolate (or any other ingredients) and mix until it’s combined.
6. Cover the bowl with cling film and let it rise in a warm place. I personally preheated my oven to 40°C, turned it off and put the bowl inside. The dough must double in size, it takes about 1h.
7. Place the dough over a floured surface and divide it into 15 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball or an oval.
8. Brush the top with some milk and cook 8-10min in a 180°C, fan-assisted, preheated oven. The top of the milk bread must begin to golden.
Your delicious chocolate milk breads are ready! Enjoy them at breakfast or snack with a cup of milk!
Don’t forget to write an email to email@example.com to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.