Hi everyone! Today I’ll introduce you to the creation of the famous French Pastry Chef Christophe Michalak! This dessert, named Krumchy, is made up of a Shortbread Base, topped with Salted Caramel and Gianduja Chocolate ? A very easy, yet so tasty dessert!
For a 20cm pie:
- 100g of sugar
- 200g of butter
- 300g of flour
- 4 pinches of salt
- 175g of sugar
- 120g of cream
- 45g of semi-salted butter (or regular butter + salt to taste)
- 100g of hazelnuts
- 200g of milk chocolate (you can also use dark)
- 1,5 pinches of salt
- Roasted hazelnuts
We’ll start with the Caramel:
1. Cook the sugar in a saucepan, at low heat, until it turns into a nice amber color. You can stir with a spatula at the spots that have already caramelized.
2. Meanwhile, heat the cream. When the caramel is done, pour the cream little by little over it.
3. Cook for a few seconds to make sure there are no lumps left.
4. Off the heat, add the cold butter and mix. You can sift the caramel to remove the possible remaining lumps.
5. Keep at room-temperature.
For the Shortbread:
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Cream the softened butter with the sugar. Add the flour and the salt and mix until homogeneous.
3. Spread in a 20cm mold.
4. Cook for 13-15min. The biscuit should be slightly golden, not too much.
5. Let it cool down completely before unmolding.
6. Once the caramel has cooled down and thickened a bit, you can spread it over the biscuit and then refrigerate it.
For the Gianduja:
1. Roast the hazelnuts in a 130°C preheated oven for 20-30min.
2. Once cold, mix until you get a liquid and smooth paste.
3. Melt the chocolate and add it to the hazelnut. Add the salt and mix for a few seconds.
4. Pour the Gianduja over the caramel and top it with roasted hazelnut halves. Let it harden in the fridge.
It’s already finished! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂