Hi everyone! For my first article I’m very happy to share with you my favourite recipe, the homemade granola. This is a very basic recipe but the best I’ve ever tried! After searching in many blogs, I’ve finally found the perfect recipe on the youtube channel “Our Tribe of Many”. I’ve slightly changed the original recipe by adding more honey and a few more ingredients. It’s a very easy recipe that you can personalize according to your taste. Furthermore, unlike prepared granola, this recipe has only natural ingredients and you know exactly what’s inside.
- 3 cups of oats (300g)
- 0,5 cup of honey (150g)
- 0,25 cup of coconut oil (45g) (you can also use any other neutral oil)
- 0,25 cup of hazelnut (20g)
- 0,25 cup of almonds (20g)
- 1 tbsp of flour (10g)
- 3 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla sugar
- 3 tbsp of grated coconut
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- approximately 100g of dark chocolate
With these quantities you can fill a liter jar and a small bowl of 140g.
You can totally add or remove any other ingredients.
1. Preheat the oven to 160° natural convection.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients, that means the oat, the flour, the cinnamon, the nutmeg, the vanilla and the roughly chopped nuts.
At this step you can add any other ingredients of your choice, pumpkin seeds, dates,… However, if you want to add dry fruits you should add them after baking, otherwise it will burn.
3. Add the honey and the coconut oil.
4. Stir everything until the mixture is well coated. Spread it into a thin layer on an oven tray covered with parchment paper.
5. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. The cooking will depend on the thickness of your layer and also on your oven. After 15 minutes you can gently stir the granola. Out of the oven, the granola must have a nice golden color.
6. Once the granola has cooled, add the pieces of dark chocolate.
You can crush the granola into small pieces, but I like when there are bigger ones.
Your granola is ready! It keeps very well for several weeks in a tightly closed container.
Enjoy it in yoghurt, milk or on top of a fruit salad.
Don’t forget to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.