Hi everyone! Here’s a new recipe that is perfect for the season! It’s a Lemon and Strawberry Baked Flan 🍓 It’s made up of a Sweet Crust filled with a Lemon Cream and a Strawberry Cream 🍋 It’s also covered with fresh strawberries! This recipe is so easy to make and it’s so yummy 😍 The Flan is very smooth and creamy.
For a 18cm in diameter Flan:
- 100g of butter
- 100g of sugar
- 200g of flour
- 40g of eggs (= 1 small)
- 1 pinch of salt
Cream (same base for both creams):
- 3 eggs
- 150g of sugar
- 60g of corn starch
- 150g of full liquid cream
- 600mL of whole milk
- + 230g of strawberry coulis (= mixed strawberries)
- + 45g of lemon juice and the zest of 2 lemons
- Some fresh strawberries
We’ll start with the crust:
1. Cream the softened butter with the sugar.
2. Add the egg and mix.
3. Add the flour and salt. Mix until it’s homogenous.
4. Divide in half.
5. Roll out the first half between two parchment papers to a 3mm thickness. Cut a 18cm circle.
6. Roll out the other half into a rectangle and cut 6cm wide strips. Freeze until they harden.
7. Then, place the strips inside the mold and make sure to perfectly weld them to the bottom and between them.
8. Refrigerate until use.
For the cream:
1. Briefly whisk the eggs with the sugar.
2. Add the corn starch.
3. Bring to boil the cream and the milk.
4. Pour little by little over the egg mixture.
5. Bring everything back to the pan and cook over medium heat, while whisking, until it thickens.
6. Divide the cream in half.
7. Mix some fresh strawberries. Add this coulis to one bowl of cream. Mix.
8. In the other bowl, add the lemon juice and the lemon zests.
9. Let both creams cool down for ~10min.
10. Place the two creams in a two different pastry bags. Fill the mold by alternating both colors.
11. Refrigerate the Flan until it cools down completely.
12. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
13. Cook the Flan for 45min-1h. If you want the Flan to be very creamy, the center must be jiggling a lot.
14. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down.
15. Refrigerate overnight before unmolding.
16. Decorate with fresh strawberry slices.
Your delicious Flan is ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂