Hi everyone! Since it’s the beginning of summer, today’s recipe is super refreshing and perfect for this season! It’s a Mango and Vanilla Charlotte Cake ? This Charlotte is made up of Ladyfingers Biscuits, some Vanilla Mousse, some Mango Mousse and (a lot) of Fresh Mangoes ? A very flavorful and tasty Cake!
For a 20cm Charlotte Cake:
- 5 eggs
- 125g of sugar
- 125g of flour
- Some icing sugar
- 30g of water
- 30g of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 200g of full liquid cream
- 325g of mango coulis (= mixed mangoes)
- 7,7g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 200g of full liquid cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 250g of whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 50g of sugar
- 5g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 100g of mangoes (for the inside)
- 350g of mangoes (for the outside)
We’ll start with the Ladyfingers Biscuit:
1. Separate the eggs.
2. Whisk the egg whites by adding the sugar in 3-4 times. The egg whites must form firm and shiny peaks.
3. Gently incorporate the egg yolks.
4. Also add the sifted flour.
5. Pipe 2 disks of 18cm and 6cm long sticks. Sprinkle with some icing sugar and leave for 10min.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F fan-assisted.
7. Sprinkle one more time with icing sugar and then cook for 8-10min. The biscuits should be golden.
For the Vanilla Mousse:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it bloom for 10min.
2. Bring to boil the milk with the vanilla bean and vanilla extract. Cover and let it infuse for at least 2h (the more you let it the better taste it will have).
3. Briefly whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
4. Heat the infused milk and pour in 3 times over the eggs.
5. Bring everything back to the pan and cook, while stirring, until it reaches 84°C.
6. Off the heat, add the hydrated gelatin and let it cool down to around 35-40°C.
7. Whip the cream at medium speed until it forms soft peaks, it shouldn’t be too firm.
8. Incorporate the whipped cream to the vanilla cream.
First step assembly:
1. Wrap the bottom of a 20cm mold with cling film.
2. For the syrup: bring to boil the water, sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Place one disk of biscuit at the bottom of the mold and soak it with some syrup. Adjust the height of the sticks and then place them around the mold (the side covered with sugar should face the mold).
4. Pour the Vanilla Mousse halfway up.
5. Refrigerate until the mousse hardens (it takes ~1h).
For the Mango Mousse:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Bring to boil the mango coulis.
3. Off the heat add the hydrated gelatin.
4. Let it cool down to 35-40°C.
5. Whip the liquid cream until it forms soft peaks.
6. Gently add the mango puree to the whipped cream.
It’s time to finish the assembly!
1. Soak the other disk of biscuit and place it over the vanilla mousse.
2. Cut 100g of fresh mangoes into small cubes. Add them over the biscuit.
3. Cover with the mango mousse.
4. Refrigerate overnight.
The next day:
1. Decorate the top with 350g of mangoes cut into small cubes.
Your delicious Charlotte Cake is ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂