Hi everyone! Today’s recipe is super easy and quick to realise. It’s the famous and delicious marble cake. This one is extremely moist with a nice and crunchy crust. The flavors of the cocoa and vanilla are really intense 😋 I also added a chocolate glaze for even more flavors and texture! The recipe I used comes from a very talented French pastry Chef, Yann Couvreur.
For a cake of 25,5x13x7cm (capacity of 1,5L in water):
For the cake:
- 180g of butter
- 300g of sugar
- 250g of flour
- 6g of baking powder
- 120g of eggs (= 2 large)
- 250g of full liquid cream
- 30g of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4g of salt
- 4 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 10g of rum (optional)
For the glaze:
- 250g of dark chocolate
- 30g of neutral oil
1. Mix the softened butter with the sugar and the salt. Add the eggs and whisk at high speed for 3min.
2. Add the liquid cream and the vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
3. Incorporate the sifted flour and baking powder using a spatula.
4. Place a bit less than half of the batter (~580g) in another bowl and add the cocoa powder.
5. Grease and flour your mold and pour the mixture by alternating the two colors as shown in the pictures.
6. Cook your cake for 1h10 in a 150°C preheated oven. Be careful, the cooking time depends on your oven and on the size of the cake. When you prick the middle of the cake with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
7. Let it cool down a bit before unmolding it on a tray. You can brush the cake with some rum (optional).
For the glaze:
1. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (or microwave).
2. Add the oil and mix.
3. Pour the glaze over the cold cake. You can place under the cake a piece of aluminum foil to collect the surplus and use it if needed to cover some gaps.
4. Let the chocolate harden at room-temperature.
Your cake is ready! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to write an email to email@example.com to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.