Hi everyone! Here’s the recipe of a delicious Entremet with an unusual ingredient: nigella! These black little seeds are not used that often in pastry, yet they are absolutely amazing and combine so nicely with mangoes ? This Entremet Cake is made up of a Nigella Madeleine Cake, some Nigella Whipped Ganache and a Mango Insert ?
For a 20cm Entremet:
- 25g of butter
- 50g of eggs (= 1)
- 50g of sugar
- 13g of whole milk
- 37g of neutral oil
- 60g of flour
- 2g of baking powder
- 1 tsp of nigella seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 240g of mango coulis (= mixed fresh mangoes)
- 4,4g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 150g of fresh mangoes
- 450g of full liquid cream
- 126g of white chocolate
- 4,5g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 22g of grounded nigella seeds
- 100g of sugar
- 135g of water
- 6,6g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
We’ll start with the mango insert:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it sit for 10min.
2. Mix some mangoes to have 240g of coulis.
3. Bring to boil.
4. Off the heat, add the hydrated gelatin and the 150g of fresh mangoes cut into small cubes.
5. Wrap the bottom of a 18cm mold and pour the mango inside.
6. Freeze overnight.
For the Whipped Ganache:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Mix the nigella seeds and add them to half of the full liquid cream (225g). Bring to boil, cover and let it infuse for 2h.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (or microwave).
4. Filter the infused cream (add some cream to have the same amount as before, so 225g) and bring to boil.
5. Pour in 3 times over the melted chocolate and mix vigorously.
6. Add the hydrated gelatin and the other half of cold cream.
7. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
For the Madeleine Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C fan-assisted.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Whisk the egg with the sugar until they whiten and become very fluffy.
4. Add the oil and milk. Whisk for a few seconds.
5. Gently add the sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Finally add the melted butter and nigella seeds.
7. Pour inside a 18cm mold and cook for 15-20min. When you prick the middle with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
8. Let it cool down before unmolding.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Whip the Ganache at medium speed until it forms very very soft peaks.
2. Take the mango insert out of the fridge and use a bowl or mold to cut a 14cm disk.
4. Place a disk of mango at the bottom of the mold.
5. Pour all the Ganache.
6. Add the Madeleine Cake and slightly press.
7. Freeze overnight.
For the Glaze:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Heat the water and sugar until they reach 103°C.
3. Off the heat, add the hydrated gelatin.
4. Let it cool down around 22-24°C.
5. Unmold the Entremet and place it over a support.
Your delicious Mango and Nigella Entremet is ready! Let it thaw in the fridge for 2-3h.
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂