Hi everyone! Today’s recipe is very easy and quick to make, it’s the chocolate and orange muffins. The muffins are super moist and light and the chocolate layer gives a nice crunch to the muffin. The orange with the chocolate is one of my favorite combination .
For 11 muffins:
- 2 eggs
- 50g of sugar
- 130g of flour
- 4g of baking powder
- 65g of full liquid cream
- 40g of butter
- 73g of orange juice (a bit less than one)
- the zest of one orange
- 1 pinch of salt
- 40g of orange juice
- 120g of dark chocolate
1. In a bowl, whisk the softened butter with the sugar and the orange zest for a few minutes until it’s super creamy.
2. Add the eggs one by one and mix between each addition.
3. Lower the speed and add the cold liquid cream and cold orange juice.
4. Incorporate the flour, the baking powder and the salt to the mixture using a silicone spatula.
5. Pour the mixture in your muffin cups.
6. Cook for 18min in a 150°C preheated oven (fan-assisted). The cooking time may depend on your oven, if you prick the muffin with a knife, it must come out dry.
7. Let the muffins cool down a bit before unmolding them.
8. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie (or in the microwave).
9. Soak the muffins with the 40g of orange juice and dip the bottom in the melted chocolate. Place them over a grid and let them harden.
Your muffins are ready to be eaten! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.