Hi everyone! The recipe of today is another delicious cookie recipe! These are for anyone who loves pistachios. They are made up of a chocolate and pistachio cookie dough, filled in the inside with some pistachio praline, and topped with caramelized pistachios and pistachio paste. It’s a very easy recipe to make and the combination of the chocolate with the pistachio is so tasty. The recipe of the dough comes from a French pastry Chef, Philippe Conticini.
For 20 cookies of 40g:
- 165g of butter
- 10g of neutral oil
- 100g of sugar (or honey*)
- 25g of egg whites
- 25g of egg yolks
- 5g of baking soda
- 235g of flour
- 3g of salt
- 70g of dark chocolate pieces
- 45g of pistachios
*Be careful, if you use honey, the cookies will be crumblier.
Praline and caramelized pistachios:
- 150g of pistachios
- 100g of sugar
- 25g of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 90g of pistachio paste
- 140g of caramelized pistachios
We’ll begin with the praline and the caramelized pistachios:
1. Roast the pistachios for 10-15min in a 150°C preheated oven. Then, let them cool down.
2. Bring to boil the sugar, salt and water and cook until it reaches 116°C.
3. Add the pistachios. Cook over medium heat and stir regularly. A thin layer of sugar will coat the pistachios. Keep stirring until all the white sugar caramelizes.
4. Spread the nuts over a silicone sheet (or greased tray) and let them cool down.
5. Place 140g of these caramelized pistachios in an airtight container. We’ll use them at the end for the topping.
6. Mix the rest of the nuts in a food-processor (or blender) until you get a smooth paste. The praline shouldn’t be too liquidy.
7. Fill 20 holes with the praline (about 5g per hole) and freeze overnight. You can use any type of silicone mold, the shape and size don’t matter. If you don’t have this type of mold, you can refrigerate the praline for ~1h and then make small balls with your hand.
Now for the dough:
1. Mix the softened butter with the sugar (or honey). Add the oil.
2. Add the egg whites and egg yolks. Then, incorporate the flour, baking soda, salt, roasted pistachios and chocolate chips. Mix until everything is combined, not more.
3. Refrigerate the dough for 30min or freeze 10min, so it is easier to manipulate.
4. Form balls of 40g, add the praline in the middle and close.
5. Place the cookies on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and flatten the surface slightly.
6. Preheat the oven to 190°C (normal mode) and cook the cookies for 8-9min. The edges must have a nice golden color, but the centre must still be pale.
7. Let them cool down and then add 3 dots of pistachio paste and cover with the caramelized pistachios.
Your pistachio cookies are done! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to write an email to email@example.com to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.