Hi everyone! I personally love cookies, so each time there is a new variation I’m very excited to try it out! Today the recipe is by a French pastry Chef named Yann Couvreur. He made this gorgeous Chocolate and Pecan Cookies drizzled with Sesame Praline ?
For 15 cookies of 40g:
- 100g of butter
- 50g of muscovado sugar
- 50g of brown sugar
- 75g of granulated sugar*
- 62,5g of eggs (= 1 large)
- 200g of flour
- 2,5g of salt
- 1,25g of baking soda
- 100g of dark chocolate (the chef used 160g, but I prefer when they are less chocolaty)
- 62g of pecan nuts (or walnuts)
*I used only 90g of granulated sugar without the muscovado and brown
Sesame Praline :
- 100g of sesame seeds
- 50g of sugar
- 1g of flower salt (or sea salt)
- Some drops of sesame oil (if needed)
We’ll start with the praline:
1. Roast the sesame seeds for 10-15min in a 150°C/302°F preheated oven.
2. Place the sugar in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring from time to time at the spots where the sugar has already caramelized.
3. Once the sugar turns completely into a golden color, pour over a silicone mat and let it cool down.
4. Place the sesame seeds and caramel in a mixer.
5. Mix for ~10min until it becomes smooth and fluid. If the mixer isn’t powerful enough to give you the right texture, add some drops of sesame oil (or other neutral oil).
6. Keep in a jar until use.
For the Cookie dough:
1. Cream the softened butter with the sugars.
2. Add the egg and mix.
3. Add the flour, the salt and the baking soda.
4. Also add the cut chocolate and pecan nuts (or walnuts).
5. Mix until it’s homogenous. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate an hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F fan-assisted.
7. Make balls of 40g. Place them over a baking tray and gently flatten the surface.
8. Cook for 8-9min. The edges should be golden but the centre still pale in colour.
For the assembly:
1. Place the praline in a pastry bag and cut the end to create a small hole.
2. Pipe lines of praline over the cookie. Sprinkle with some flower salt (or sea salt).
Your Cookies are ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂