Hi everyone! Here’s a very comforting dessert, perfect for the Winter season ❄ This is an Entremet with flavors similar to the famous Snickers bar. It’s made up of a Crunchy Base, a Chocolate/Peanut Brownie, a Peanut Caramel Insert, some Vanilla Whipped Ganache, a Cocoa Mirror Glaze and some Caramelized Peanuts ?
D-3: Make the Feuillantine (if homemade) + Make the Peanut Praline
D-2: Make the Brownie + Make the Crunchy Base + Make the Ganache + Make the Caramel Insert
D-1: Whip the Ganache + Assemble + Make the Glaze
D-Day: Glaze + Make the Caramelized Peanuts
For a 25x13cm Entremet:
Feuillantine (if homemade):
- 50g of butter
- 42g of sugar
- 25g of flour
- 15g of egg whites
- 150g of peanuts
- 100g of sugar
- 24g of water
- 140g of peanut praline
- 35g of dark chocolate
- 70g of feuillantine (homemade or store-bought)
- 50g of peanuts
- 15g of grounded peanuts
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 15g of four
- 1 egg
- 40g of butter
- 50g of dark chocolate
- 70g of sugar
- 115g of full liquid cream
- 22g of butter
- 2g of powdered gelatin (or 1 sheet of 2g)
- 60g of salted peanuts
- 500g of full liquid cream
- 140g of white chocolate
- 1,7g of vanilla powder (or 1 bean)
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 5,2g of gelatin powder (or sheets)
- 17g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 115g of water
- 150g of sugar
- 60g of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 103g of full liquid cream
- 90g of peanuts
- 33g of sugar
- 9g of water
- 4g of neutral oil
We’ll start with the feuillantine:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F fan-assisted.
2. Cream the softened butter with the sugar. Make sure to take the butter out of the fridge at least 1h30 before starting.
3. Add the flour and the egg whites. Mix to homogenize. I use a hand mixer for these steps.
4. With a brush, spread the mixture into long strips. You must have a thin but uniform thickness.
5. Cook for only a couple of minutes. You must watch closely as it cooks very quickly. The strips must be golden.
6. Let them cool down and then remove from the baking paper. As on the picture you can fold them when they are still hot so they look like the store-bought one (it’s completely optional).
7. Store in an air-tight container.
For the praline:
1. Roast the peanuts 10-15min in a 150°C/302°F preheated oven.
2. Cook the water and sugar until it reaches 116°C. Add the peanuts and stir.
3. Let them cook, while mixing, until they caramelize.
4. Let them cool down on a tray.
5. Once cold, mix in a blender until you get a smooth and liquid paste. Depending on your blender you can take a break halfway so it doesn’t overheat.
6. Keep in a jar until use.
For the Brownie:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F fan-assisted.
2. Melt the chocolate with the butter in the bain-marie (or microwave).
3. Mix together the flour, grounded peanuts, salt and baking powder.
4. Add the egg and mix.
5. Finally add the melted chocolate/butter and combine.
6. Spread the mixture into a 24x11cm mold. Sprinkle with the whole peanuts.
*If you use a smaller mold you will need to cook it a but longer and then adjust the thickness.
7. Let it cook for ~10min. The edges must be golden.
8. Let it cool down before unmolding.
For the crunchy base:
1. Melt the chocolate.
2. Add the praline and the crushed feuillantine.
3. Make sure that the size of the Brownie is 24x11cm and that the thickness is around 1,5cm.
4. Spread the crunchy mixture over the brownie.
5. Freeze until it hardens.
For the Caramel Insert:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it bloom for 10min.
2. In a wide pan, place the sugar and cook over low/medium heat. Let it cook until it completely caramelizes. You can stir at the spots where the sugar has already caramelized.
3. In another pan, heat the cream.
4. Pour the hot cream little by little over the caramel. Keep stirring.
5. Let the caramel boil a few seconds to remove the residual lumps.
6. Off the heat, add the butter, the hydrated gelatin and the peanuts.
7. Wrap the bottom of a 24x11cm mold.
8. Pour the caramel into the mold.
9. Freeze until it hardens.
For the Ganache:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Bring to boil half of the cream (250g) with the vanilla powder (or bean) and the extract. Let it infuse at least 2h (the more it infuses the more flavor it will have).
3. Melt the chocolate.
4. Heat the infused cream and pour it in 3 times over the chocolate. Mix vigorously.
5. Add the hydrated gelatin and the other half of cold cream (250g). You can mix with a hand blender to homogenize.
6. Wrap with cling film (it must touch the surface) and refrigerate overnight.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Whip the ganache until it thickens and forms very supple peaks. It should not be too firm.
3. Place the brownie covered with the crunchy layer at the bottom of the mold.
4. Pour half of the ganache over the brownie. Make sure to also cover the edges.
5. Add the Caramel insert.
6. Finish off by adding the rest of the ganache.
7. Smooth the surface and freeze overnight.
For the glaze:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Heat the water and sugar until it reaches 103°C. Add the cocoa powder and then the cream and bring to boil again.
3. Off the heat, add the hydrated gelatin.
4. Filter the glaze to remove the possible lumps. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
For the Caramelized peanuts:
1. Bring to boil the water and sugar.
2. Add the peanuts and stir.
3. Let them cook over medium heat, while stirring, until they all caramelize.
4. Off the heat, add the oil and mix.
5. Keep aside until use.
We can now finish off the Entremet!
1. Melt the glaze in a bain-marie until it melts completely. You can remove it from the heat from time to time so it doesn’t overheat.
2. Place it in a container.
3. Let the glaze cool down to 37°C. The texture must be very fluid but slightly thick.
4. Unmold the Entremet and smooth the edges. Place it over a support with something underneath to catch the glaze.
5. Pour the glaze by starting with the edges and then finishing in the center.
6. Decorate with the caramelized peanuts.
Your Snickers Entremet is ready! Let it defrost in the fridge for 2-3h.
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂