Hi everyone! Whenever I crave cookies I always make these ones, they are so easy and fast to prepare and are sooo delicious. The outside is crunchy and the inside super soft. My recipe comes from a French Pastry chef, Philippe Conticini. However, I’ve decided to use honey instead of sugar, but I feel that the honey gives the cookies an overall crisp. I, personally, really like them that way, but if you prefer a crunchy outside and a soft inside, I recommend sugar.
You can also add on top of the cookies, before cooking, some toppings, like peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pistachios,…
For 28 cookies of 30g (medium-size):
- 165g of butter
- 10g of neutral oil
- 150g of honey (or 160g of brown sugar)
- 25g of egg whites
- 25g of egg yolk
- 5g of baking soda
- 235g of flour
- 3g of salt
- 270g of dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Mix the softened butter with the oil and the honey (or brown sugar). I advise you to take your butter out of the fridge 1h before beginning to make this step easier.
2. First, add the egg whites and the egg yolks, and then, incorporate the flour, the salt, the baking soda, the vanilla extract and the chocolate chips. Stir until everything is well-combined.
3. Place the dough 30min in the fridge or 10min in the freezer so it’ll be easier to form the cookies.
4. Now, you can make balls of 30g, roll them in your hands and slightly press them.
5. Preheat your oven to 190°C (normal mode) and cook the cookies 8-9min. The borders must be golden but the center still white.
6. Let the cookies cool down a bit.
Your cookies are ready! Serve them a bit warm, it’s delicious!
Don’t forget to write an email to email@example.com to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.