Hi everyone! Here’s a very easy and greedy recipe to make, perfect for this season! It is the strawberry and chocolate cookies! These are made up of a white and dark chocolate cookie dough, with in the inside a strawberry insert and topped with some strawberry coulis and fresh strawberries! 🍓🍓 These are the best cookies I’ve ever had. For me, they have the perfect texture, very soft in the middle and very crunchy outside 😍 I also love the strawberry which brings a lot of taste and is very refreshing.
For ~15 cookies of 35g:
- 86g of butter
- 50g of sugar
- 2g of salt
- 67g of eggs (a bit more than 1 egg)
- 270g of flour
- 5,8g of baking soda
- 90g of white chocolate chips
- 45g of dark chocolate chips
- 75g of fresh strawberries
- 150g of strawberries
- 30g of sugar
- 100g of fresh strawberries
Let’s get started!
We’ll begin with the insert:
1. Mix the fresh strawberries until you get a smooth coulis.
2. Pour 5g of coulis into 15 holes of a silicone mold (those for chocolates are perfect). The shape of the mold doesn’t matter.
3. Freeze until it hardens (I’ve freezed them overnight).
For the coulis:
1. Mix the strawberries and place them in a saucepan with the sugar.
2. Cook over medium heat for ~15-20min. The consistency must look like jam. If you take some with a spoon, the coulis must run slowly.
3. Keep in a jar until use.
Last preparation, the cookie dough:
1. Cream the softened butter with the sugar. The butter must be out of the fridge at least 1h30 before beginning.
2. Add the eggs little by little and stir.
3. Add the sifted flour and baking soda.
4. Finish by adding the white and dark chocolate chips. Mix until everything is perfectly combined.
5. Form balls of 35g.
6. Take the insert out of the fridge and unmold.
7. Divide the ball into 2. Place the insert inside and close the ball with the other half.
8. Place the cookie over a baking tray covered with some parchment paper. You can slightly flatten it. It’s okay if the insert crushes a bit.
9. Preheat the oven to 165°C/329°F (fan-assisted). Cook the cookies for 8-9min. The edges must have a nice golden color but the middle should still be quite pale.
10. Immediately take a tart ring and spin the cookies with it. This will give the cookies a nice round shape.
11. Let them cool down.
12. Place the coulis in a pastry bag with no tip. Pipe 3 generous dots of coulis on each cookie.
13. Decorate with slices of fresh strawberries.
Your Strawberry and Chocolate Cookies are ready! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article. If you have any questions please leave a comment!