Hi everyone! Are you also a peanut butter/jam lover? 😍 If yes, then you must try this recipe! These Domes are made up of a Peanut Streusel, a Strawberry Insert, some Peanut Mousse and a White Mirror Glaze 🥜 The flavors and textures of these domes are absolutely incredible!
For 5 domes of 8cm:
- 60g of butter
- 60g of sugar
- 72g of grounded peanuts
- 60g of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150g of milk
- 150g of full liquid cream
- 4,8g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 2,4 egg yolks (= 48g)
- 30g of sugar
- 75g of peanut butter
- 150g of strawberry coulis (= mixed strawberries)
- 15g of sugar
- 15g of lemon juice
- 4g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
- 55g of fresh strawberries
- 72g of sugar
- 50g of water
- 60g of full liquid cream
- 50g of white chocolate
- 4g of powdered gelatin
- Some crushed peanuts
We’ll start with the Strawberry Insert:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it sit for 10min.
2. Mix some fresh strawberries until you have 150g of coulis. Place it in a pan with the lemon juice and sugar.
3. Cook over medium heat until it slightly thickens.
4. Off the heat, add the hydrated gelatin and the fresh strawberries cut into small cubes.
5. Pour into 5cm half-spheres. Freeze overnight.
For the Streusel:
1. Preheat the oven to 165°C/329°F fan-assisted.
2. Cream the softened butter with the sugar.
3. Add the flour, salt and grounded peanuts. Mix until it’s homogenous.
4. Spread the streusel inside 5 pie rings of 8cm in diameter (~55g per ring).
5. Cook for 8-10min. The streusel must be golden.
6. Let it cool down before unmolding (hot it’s still very crumbly).
For the Mousse:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Briefly whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
3. Heat the milk with the peanut butter.
4. Pour the hot milk, little by little, over the eggs.
5. Bring everything back to the pan and cook over medium heat, while stirring, until it reaches 84°C.
6. Off the heat, add the hydrated gelatin. Pour into a wide dish and let it cool down between 20-25°C.
7. Whip the liquid cream until it forms soft peaks.
8. Once the peanut butter mixture has cooled down to 20-25°C, gently incorporate it to the whipped cream.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Inside the 8cm half-sphere, pour some peanut mousse half-way to the top.
2. Unmold the strawberry insert and place it over the mousse.
3. Cover with the mousse.
4. Freeze overnight.
For the Glaze:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Heat the sugar and water until it reaches 103°C (it takes some time so be patient).
4. Add the cream and let it boil again to 103°C.
5. Pour in 3 times over the chocolate and mix vigorously.
6. Add the gelatin.
7. Let it cool down between 20 and 25°C. The glaze must be runny but slightly thick.
8. Once the glaze is at the good temperature, glaze the dome.
9. Decorate with some crushed peanuts.
Your Peanut and Strawberry Domes are ready! Let them thaw in the fridge for 1-2h.
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂