Hi everyone! What do you think about triangular cookies? ? This is a very original shape for cookies and a practical format to garnish them! These cookies are filled with Strawberry Whipped Ganache and Strawberry Compote ?
For 14 cookies:
- 100g of butter
- 58g of sugar
- 2,3g of salt
- 77g of eggs (= 1,5 eggs)
- 313g of flour
- 4g of baking powder
- 2,7g of baking soda
- 30g of dark chocolate chips
- 40g of white chocolate chips
- 125g of full liquid cream
- 60g of white chocolate
- 65g of strawberry coulis (= mixed fresh strawberries)
- 7g of sugar
- 3g of gelatin (sheets or powder)
- 150g of strawberries
- 30g of sugar
- 15g of lemon juice
- 80g of white chocolate
We’ll start with the Ganache:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it sit for 10min.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Bring to boil half of the cream with the strawberry coulis.
4. Pour over the chocolate in 3 times. Mix vigorously.
5. Then, add the hydrated gelatin and the other half of cold cream.
6. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
For the Compote:
1. Cook the strawberries with the lemon juice and sugar over medium heat until they turn into a thick compote. There should be no big chunks left.
For the Cookie dough:
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C/347°F fan-assisted.
2. Cream the softened butter with the sugar.
3. Add the eggs and mix well.
4. Add the flour, the salt, the baking powder and the baking soda. Also add the chocolate chips (white and dark). Mix until it’s homogenous.
5. Spread the dough between two parchment papers to a 0,5cm thickness. Refrigerate for 1h.
6. Cut 14 squares of 8x8cm.
7. Cook for 9-10min (keep the mold around). The borders must be golden but the center still pale.
8. Let them cool down.
9. Cut the squares in half to have 2 triangles.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Whip the Ganache at medium speed until it forms firm peaks.
2. Put it in a pastry bag fitted with a small plain tip. Refrigerate for 1h.
3. Melt the chocolate for the decoration (80g).
4. Place it in a pastry bag or a cornet (here’s a quick tutorial on how to make your own cornet).
5. Pipe the chocolate over half of the triangles into regular thin lines. Let them cristallize at room-temperature and then in the fridge for a couple of minutes.
6. On the other triangles pipe some Ganache on the edges and add some compote in the middle.
7. Cover with the other half (the decorated half).
8. Refrigerate if needed until you serve!
Your Strawberry and Chocolate Cookies are ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂