Hi everyone! Here’s the recipe of these delicious and very tasty Strawberry and Lemon Cupcakes ? These are made up of a Lemon Cake, filled in the inside with Strawberry Compote and topped with Lemon Whipped Ganache ? That recipe is so refreshing and very easy to make!
For 20 cupcakes:
- 2 eggs (100g)
- 220g of flour
- 130g of granulated sugar
- 6g of baking powder
- 110g of neutral oil
- 184g of whole milk
- 100g of full liquid cream
- 1g of salt
- The zests of 2 lemons
- 500g of strawberries
- 150g of sugar
- 66g of lemon juice (= 1)
- 335g of full liquid cream
- 140g of white chocolate
- 44g of lemon juice
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 5,4g of powdered gelatin (or sheets)
We’ll start with the ganache:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it bloom for 10min.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Bring to boil half of the cream with the lemon juice and zests.
4. Pour the hot cream in 3 times over the chocolate and mix vigorously.
5. Add the hydrated gelatin and the other half of cold cream.
6. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F fan-assisted.
2. Whisk the eggs with the sugar and the zests at high speed until they whiten.
3. Add the oil little by little (almost drop by drop) to create an emulsion.
4. Lower the speed and add the cold cream and milk.
5. Finish off by gently adding the sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Pour inside the molds.
7. Cook for 15-20min. When pricking the middle of the cake with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
8. Let it cool down before unmolding.
For the compote:
1. Place the strawberries cut into pieces in a pan with the sugar and lemon juice.
2. Let it cook over low/medium heat for at least 20min until the mixture thickens and looks like jam. Don’t forget to stir from time to time.
3. Let it cool down.
It’s time to assemble!
1. Whip the ganache at medium speed until it forms firm peaks. Place it in a pastry nag fitted with a star tip.
2. Create a hole in the middle of the cake. Fill with some compote.
3. Nicely pipe some ganache over the cake.
Your very delicious Cupcakes are ready! Enjoy!
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂