Hi everyone! When I think about freshness I always think about strawberries and lemon. That’s why I’ve decided to combine them into this delicious and refreshing Entremet Cake 🍋 It’s made up of a Lemon Whipped Ganache, a Genoise Cake and a lot of Fresh Strawberries! It’s always glazed with a neural glaze for the shine.
For a 20cm Entremet:
- 3 eggs
- 90g of sugar
- 90g of flour
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 600g of full liquid cream
- 250g of white chocolate
- 80g of lemon juice
- The zests of 2 lemons
- 9,6g of gelatin (powder or sheets)
- 400g of strawberries (for the inside and the outside)
- 100g of water
- 100g of sugar
- 6,7g of gelatin
- The zests of 1 lemon
We’ll start with the ganache:
1. Hydrate the gelatin in 6 times its weight in cold water. Let it sit for 10min.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Bring to boil half of the cream with the lemon juice and the lemon zests.
4. Pour in 3 times over the melted chocolate. Mix vigorously.
5. Add the hydrated gelatin and the other half of cold cream.
6. Wrap with cling film (it must touch the surface) and refrigerate overnight.
For the Genoise:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F fan-assisted.
2. Whisk the eggs with the sugar until they triple in size.
3. Gently fold in the sifted flour.
4. Pour inside a 18cm mold.
5. Cook for about 15min. When you prick the middle, the blade should come out clean.
It’s already time to assemble!
1. Take some strawberries and cut them into thin slices. Now cut these slices in a triangular shape.
2. Wrap the bottom of a 20cm mold with cling film. Add a sheet of rhodoïd.
3. Place your triangles at the bottom of the mold.
4. Whip the Ganache at medium speed until it forms very very soft peaks.
5. Pour half of the Ganache inside the mold.
6. Add some strawberries cut into small cubes.
7. Cut the genoise in half and add one layer on top of the strawberries.
8. Cover with the rest of the mousse.
9. Finish off by placing the other half sponge cake.
10. Freeze overnight.
For the Glaze:
1. Hydrate the gelatin.
2. Heat the water and sugar until they reach 103°C.
3. Off the heat, add the hydrated gelatin and the lemon zests.
4. Let it cool down between 20-24°C.
5. Take the Entremet and place it on a support. Smooth the edges.
6. Pour the Glaze by starting with the edges.
Your Entremet is ready! Let it thaw in the fridge for 2-3h.
Please feel free to ask all your questions in the comment section and don’t forget to send me pictures of your realisation on my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM on my Instagram account: blog_justonemorecake , I will post them at the end of the post 🙂