Hi everyone! Here’s the recipe of the classic Pound Cake, or “Quatre-Quarts” in French. But for today, I’ve decided to turn this basic Cake into an even more delicious version 😋 I’ve added some strawberry pieces and roasted pistachios, as well as a delicious strawberry whipped cream. The cream on top makes this cake even more soft and flavorful. This cake is very easy to make and it doesn’t require a lot of time!
For a 25,5x13x7cm Cake (capacity of 1,5L in water):
- 200g of butter
- 100g of sugar*
- 200g of flour
- 200g of eggs
- 2,5g of pistachio extract (or 2 tsp of vanilla extract)
- 50g of pistachios
- 140g of strawberries
* I’ve diminished the quantity of sugar since we are going to add strawberries
- 100g of full liquid cream
- 35g of strawberries
- 10g of icing sugar
1. In a bowl, place the softened butter with the sugar. It is important to take your butter out of the fridge minimum 1h30 before, so it is very soft. You can also heat it a few seconds in the microwave (or in a hot oven), but be careful, it must not be melted.
2. If you have a stand mixer, whisk with the flat beater attachment. I do not recommend using the whisk because the butter sticks to it. You can also use a hand mixer, it works perfectly. Whisk until the mixture turns white and is very creamy.
3. Add the eggs, previously beaten, little by little.
4. Fold in the sifted flour using a spatula.
5. Add the pistachio extract (or vanilla), the strawberries cut into small pieces, and the pistachios. It is better to roast the pistachio 5-10min in a 150°C preheated oven, for a better taste.
6. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured mold. Tap the bottom of the mold on your work surface to spread the mixture evenly and avoid air bubbles.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-assisted) and cook the cake for 30-40min. If you prick the center of the cake with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
8. Let it cool down before unmolding it.
For the chantilly cream:
1. Make a coulis by mixing the strawberries.
2. Whip the cream by increasing the speed progressively. When it begins to thicken, add the icing sugar and whip at high speed. The cream should stick firmly to the whisk.
3. Gently incorporate the strawberry coulis using a spatula.
4. Place the chantilly in a pastry bag fitted with a star piping tip.
5. Pipe dots of cream all over the cold cake. Decorate with some pistachios and strawberry pieces.
Your delicious Pound Cake is ready! Since it has cream on top, you need to refrigerate it, therefore the cake will harden a bit. Make sure to take it out of the fridge minimum 30min before tasting 😀
Don’t forget to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to share your pictures of the recipe and your opinions! I will add them at the bottom of this article.